Difference between revisions of "B"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
*'''baalïk''' saddle shaped mountain.
*'''baalïk''' saddle shaped mountain.
*'''baalïŋ''' enamel. [LM ''palang'' ←Ch]
*'''baalïŋ''' enamel. [LM ''palang'' ←Ch]
Revision as of 00:50, 19 January 2008
- baalïk saddle shaped mountain.
- baalïŋ enamel. [LM palang ←Ch]
- baar liver; baar aarïï liver disease; baar ehdi diaphragm; baarï ažï- to be very upset; baarïnïŋ ödü bolgan dearly loved. [<CT *bagïr]
- baarï frontside; dag baarï the front of a mountain; tayganïŋ baarïnda in the front part of the tayga; meeŋ baarïmda in front of me.
- baarlïg having a liver (as the seat of the emotions); kara-baarlïg hard-hearted; sook-baarlïg cold-hearted; čïlïg baarlïg warm-hearted, kind. [<CT *bagïrlïg]
- baartak counter.
- baartïk apron. (←Rus fartuk ←Pol ←Ger Vortuch)
- baarzïk cf. kara-baarzïk thrush, starling.
- baarzïk pancreas gland. [<CT *bagïrsok]
- baažï(zï) simulation, pretence; cunning, slyness, guile, craft; ruse; hint (to the answer of a riddle). [cf. LM bači]
- bačïda- to hurry, to be in a hurry, to make haste, to rush; to fusss, to bustle; to worry or bother oneself; to become more ill; aarïg kiži bačïdap tur the patient’s condition worsened.
- bačïdaaškïn serious condition, crisis.
- bačïm urgent, pressing; hasty, hurried; bustling, given to fussing; strained, tense, difficult; sultry; confusion, turmoil, bustle; bačïm ažïl urgent work; bačïm čoruk urgent journey; bačïm üye difficult time. [LM bačim]
- bačïmna- to hurry, to be in a hurry, to make haste, to rush; to fuss, to bustle; to worry or bother oneself. [cf. LM bačïmda-]
- bačït sin, evil. [LM barčit ←LT]
- badïla- [bahdïla] to vote; to approve, to confirm, to affirm; to register. [LM batula-]
- badïlaaškïn [bahdïlaaškïn] vote; approval, confirmation; registration.
- badïlal vote; approval, confirmation; (marriage) registration.
- badïlaš- to vote together; to approve or confirm together; to register one’s marriage.
- badïlažïïškïn (marriage) registration, marriage ceremony, wedding.
- badïr- to bring down, to lower; to reduce; to degrade; to float; to perform a song; (of children) to cry; xuuŋnu kudukče badïr- to lower the pail in the well; sug badïr- to drain off water; örtek badïr- to lower the price; kudu badïr- to send down from the mountain into the valley, or downstream; badïrïvït če! come on, sing! [<CT *batur-]
- badïrtïr- to let bring down, lower, reduce, degrade, float, sing.
- badïtka- [bahdïtka-] to confirm. [LM batudqa-]
- badïtkal confirmation, proof.
- bag strap, thong, belt; lasso; tie, leash, tether; bag kur leather strap, leather belt; bagda on the leash, tether. [<CT *ba:g]
- bagana column, pillar, post, pole. [LM baγana]
- bagay [bahgay] bad, ugly; not sufficient, not satisfying; poor; bagay xeme bad boat; bagay ažïl unsatisfactory work; bagay agaar bad weather.
- bagay-sogay [bahgay-sohgay] bad, unimportant.
- bagla- to tie, to bind; snop bagla- to bind sheaves; xoldarïn bagla- to tie one’s hands. [<CT *ba:gla-]
- baglaaš tie, strap; aht baglaažï horse reins.
- baglakčï binder (of sheaves).
- baglan- to tie oneself. [<CT *ba:glan-]
- baglaš- to tie together; to be tied in a knot, (of a knot) to be tightened.
- baglat- to let tie; to be tied. [<CT *ba:glan-]
- bak [bahk] bad, evil; negligent; unfortunate; weak; bak kiži bad person; bak aažï bad habits; bak čaŋna- to treat badly; bakka sug- to defame, to villify.
- bak-sok [bahk-sohk] unimportant, rather bad; bak-sok čüveler goods and chattels, belongings.
- bakïla- [bakkïla-] to throw a glance, to peep in.
- bakka-sokka hardly, barely.
- baksïra- to become worse; to grow weak; to wear out, to be used up; agaar baksïraan the weather turned worse.
- bakta- to scold, to abuse, to criticize, to slander, to discredit, to calumniate.
- baktaa- [bahktaa-] to form, to be part of, to be a member of; komissiyanïŋ sostavïnga baktaap kir- to become member of the committee. [LM baγta-]
- baktaaškïn the act of becoming a part or member of.
- baktaaškïn swearing, bad language, slander, calumny.
- baktat- to be scolded, slandered, discredited.
- bala fault; harm, damage; bo seeŋ balaŋ this is your fault! balazï-bile through someone’s fault.
- bala pestle.
- bala graphite; that which stains (of metals). [LM bala]
- bala- to erase, to blot out, to obliterate; to cross out, to strike out. [LM balala-]
- balaaš eraser, rubber.
- balalïg causing damage, harmful.
- balalïg stained, soiled (of metals).
- balančak small child.
- balar slime, mire, silt. [cf. Khak balïr]
- balar former, ex, old. [LM balar]
- balara- to have aching muscles.
- balaš- to obliterate one another.
- balaš- to soil each other, to make each other dirty.
- balat- to let erase, blot out; to let cross out, to strike out.
- baldï [bahldï] axe. [<CT *balto, LM balta]
- baldïr [bahldïr] calf of the leg; money. [<CT *baltïr]
- balïg wound; scab; balïg kiži wounded person. [<CT *ba:lïg]
- balïgla- to injure, to wound; of a wound to occur. [<NE *balïgla-]
- balïglaaškïn wound, injury, wounding.
- balïglat- to be wounded, to get wounded.
- balïglattïr- to be wounded, to get wounded.
- balïïrgan- to feel pain (of a wound), to be sensitive to pain.
- balïk fish; sööktüg balïk ide (carp); balïk tïvïïškïn fishing, the catching of fish; balïk münü fish soup; balïk üzü fish oil; balïk üürgenezi fish roe. [<CT *ba:lïk]
- balïkčï fisherman. [<CT *ba:lïkčï]
- balïkta- to fish, to catch fish.
- balïktïg rich in fish, teeming with fish; balïktïg xöl lake rich in fish. [<CT *ba:lïklïg]
- bar there is, present; ïndïg dürüm bar there is such a regulation; mende ol nom bar I have that book. [<CT *ba:r]
- bar [< baar] going; ahttïg ulus bar čïdïr the horsemen moved away. [< *barar]
- bar- (baar) to go, to go a way, to leave, to part; -(I)p bar- auxiliary verb indicating ‘being in a situation’; -(I)p bar čït- to go to, to go away; men čoruy bardïm I left; aht maŋnap čoruy bargan the horse had run away; közülbeyn bar- to be invisible; kančap bardïŋ? what is the matter with you?; ašakka bar- (of a woman) to marry; bažï-bile bar- to be lacking, missing, lost; baardï s/he went. [<CT *bar-]
- bar-čok scanty, small, trifle.
- bar-čoktug scanty, small, trifle.
- bara fish-trap. [cf. Khak para]
- baraan goods, stuff, ware, merchandise. [LM baraγa(n)]
- baraan outline, contours, silhouette; baraan bol- to serve; čonunga baaraan bol- to serve the people. [LM baraγa(n)]
- baraanna- to go to buy goods.
- baraanna- to watch, to observe.
- baraban drum. [←Rus baraban]
- baraskan poor person, pauper; inhabitant.
- barba bag of goat leather.
- bardam impudent, coarse; arrogant, conceited, presumptious; irascible. [LM bardam]
- bardamna- to be arrogant, conceited; to boast of one’s strength (in games, wrestling). [LM bardamna-]
- barï presence, availability, on hand, cash; akšanïŋ barï cash money; erge-žok čugula baydaldarnïŋ barï the presence of indispensable conditions.
- barïïn western; right-winged (politics). [LM baraγun]
- barïk almost. [LM baruγ]
- barïmdaa base, basis; reason, grounds, cause; proof, argument; evidence, certificate; kandïg-daa barïmdaa čokka without any reason; barïmdaaï čül? on what grounds?; škola dooskanïnïŋ barïmdaazï a certificate of having completed school. [LM barimta]
- barïmdaala- to be based or founded on; to observe, to keep to, to take into account, to stick to; dürümnü barïmdaala- to observe the rules. [LM barimtala-]
- bas- [bahs-] to press; to tread; kattïŋ suun sï bas- to squeeze out the juice of berries; demdek bas- to stamp, to brand; bazar aht ambler; bazar čüve pistol. [<CT *bas-]
- baska hammer.
- baskaktan- [bahskaktan-] to sit cross-legged.
- baskïïš step, footstep; pedal; key; metal or horn badge (for fastening the seat to the saddle frame).
- baskïlaš- to be heaped or piled up, to be loaded with.
- baskïlaštïr- to heap up, to pile, to load with.
- bastïg-: xaram bastïg- to have a nightmare.
- bastïr- to oppress, to lower; to abuse; to be oppressed; to thresh (grain); to step; to amble. [<CT *bastur-]
- baš [bahš] head; top, summit; end, tip; ear (of grain); head (counter for livestock); beginning, origin, source; -NIŋ bažïnda on top of, at the head of; bažïndan from the beginning; sigen bažï ear of grass; dag bažï mountain top; xem bažï the upstream part of a river; baš teyi crown of the head; baš söögü skull; baš šüürü comb; baš muŋgaš dead end, situation with no way out. [<CT *baš]
- baš-tenider puzzle, conundrum.
- baška [bahška] besides, except for; senden baška except for you; boordan baška except for its being. [<CT *baška]
- baškala- to separate, to isolate.
- baškalaaškïn separation, isolation, section division.
- baškalan- to get rid of, to shake off, to throw off.
- baškalančak separate, isolated from.
- baškalandïr- to separate, to isolate.
- baškar- [bahškar-] to manage, to regulate, to put right; to equip, to fit out (for a journey); to steer; kudumču šimčeeškinin baškar- to regulate the trafic; korabldi baškar- to steer the ship. [<CT *baškar-]
- baškarïkčï manager; leader.
- baškart- to let manage, regulate, equip, steer.
- baškï [bahškï] teacher. [<CT *baxšï, cf. LM baγsi ←Ch]
- baškï first; front-, anterior; initial.
- baškïla- to teach, to educate.
- baškïlaaškïn education.
- bašta- to lead, to direct, to govern, to be at the head of, to guide; baštaar organnar authorities; baštaar čer government. [<CT *bašla-]
- baštak [bahštak] witty, humerous, comic; joke, humour; joker, jester. [<CT *baštak]
- baštaktan- to make jokes, to tease.
- baštaktanïš- to tell jokes to one another.
- baštal- to be in the ear, to form ears (of grass).
- baštalga guidance, leadership.
- baštaŋgï [bahštaŋgï] bridal veil.
- baštat- to entrust the leadership.
- baštay for the first time; eŋ-ne baštaygï very first, initial.
- baštïg with a head, headed; with a leader; wise. [<CT *bašlïg]
- baštïŋ [bahštïŋ] leader, head; the leader (in a herd); aymaktïŋ baštïŋï leader of the clan.
- baštïŋčï leader, chief; ažïlčï čonnuŋ baštïŋčïzï leader of the working people; klass baštïŋčï baškïzï class teacher.
- bat- [baht-] to go down, to descend, to plunge, to sink, to flow; kudu bat- to walk downstream. [<CT *bat-]
- bay rich; a rich person; čuduruk bay rich farmer (cf. Rus kulak). [<CT *ba:y]
- bayaatan (~ bayat) rich person.
- baybaŋ garrulous, talkative; talkativeness, garrulity; unduly familiar (behaviour).
- baydal position, status, state, condition, circumstance, situation. [LM bayidal]
- baydaldïg situated, located, being in a position; berge baydaldïg being in a difficult position; eki baydaldïg being in a good position.
- bayï- to be or become rich. [<CT *ba:yu-]
- bayïïrga- to take pride in one’s wealth, to boast. [LM bayarqa-]
- bayïr festivity; greeting, welcome; bayïr čedir- to welcome, to greet, to congratulate. [LM bayar]
- bayïrla- to celebrate; to greet. [LM bayarla-]
- bayïrlal holiday, festivity. [LM bayarlal]
- bayïrlïg festive, ceremonial; greeting, welcoming; goodbye; bayïrlïg xural ceremonial meeting; bayïrlïg telegramma welcoming telegram; bayïrlïg ešter! goodbye, friends! [cf. LM bayartai]
- bayïsaa- (~ baysaa-) to interrogate, to question. [LM baičaγa-]
- bayïsaakčï (~ baysaakčï) investigator. [LM baičaγaγči]
- bayïsaalga (~ baysaalga) interrogation, examination. [LM baičağalğa]
- bayïsaat- to be interrogated.
- bayït- to make rich. [<CT *ba:yut-]
- bayla- to come to an end, to become empty (of a glass).
- baylak rich; richness, wealth; resources, treasures; baylak čurt rich land; boydus baylaktarï natural resources; materialdïg baylaktar material resources; ištiki baylaktarnï mobilizastaarï mobilisation of internal resources; kazïmal baylaktar useful resources.
- baylaŋ fry, young fish.
- baytïk not only. [cf. LM baituγai]
- bayza boundary post.
- baza [bahza] and, still, more, yet, another, already; saazïn baza karandaš paper and pencil; baza bir kiži keldi another person came; meŋee baza nomdan bir ber give me yet another book. [LM basa]
- bazïm [bahzïm] step.
- bazïmča [bahzïmča] insult, abuse. [LM basumji]
- bazïmčala- [bahzïmčala-] to humiliate, to abase, to insult, to offend, to abuse; to mock, to jeer at; to consider weak, feeble; ol meni bazïmčalaaš šïdïraaga utturupkan s/he beat me at chess and considered me weak.
- bazïn- (bastïr) to humiliate, to abase, to insult, to offend, to mock, to jeer at. [<CT *basïn-]
- bazïr- to press. [<CT *basur-]
- bazïtkïïš metal or horn badge (for fastening the seat to the saddle frame).
- baža brother-in-law (wife’s sister’s husband). [<CT *ba:ča]
- bažalaš- to be or become brothers-in-law.
- bažalïškïlar (~ bažaškïlar) brothers-in-law (husbands of sisters).
- bažï-kurlug index finger (in games).
- bažïŋ house, log hut, building; prison, jail; škola bažïŋï school building; bažïŋ adrezi home address; bažïŋ xerekselderi household utensils; bažïŋga kir- to go to prison; bažïŋ kižizi prisoner, inmate. [LM baising]
- bažïŋna- to be in prison, to be locked up in jail.
- bažïŋnan- to own a house, building.
- bažïŋnat- to get locked up in prison.