The khomus is an instrument more commonly known as a jew's harp, jaw harp, mouth harp, or trump.
Wooden khomus - Yjash khomus
- Daja khomus
- A khomus made consisting of an Y-shaped twig from a honeysuckle tree.
- Charty khomus
- A khomus made from a flat chip of wood; its central plate creates more explicit vibrations than the daja khomus.
- Söösken khomus
- A khomus made from the wood of the mountain rose-willow.
- Sheler khomus
- A bamboo khomus with a string attached to the tongue.
Other kinds of khomus
- Söök khomus
- Fashioned from bone.
- Khyl khomus
- A khomus with horsehair.
- Demir khomus
- What most people are familiar with, a khomus made from iron.
The Tuva Ensemble of Kyzyl, Tuva. "CD Booklet". Tuva: Echoes from the spirit world. PAN Records: 1992.
Özüm. Özüm. Young Voices of Ancient Tuva. CD. Window to Europe: 1991.