Now running Mediawiki 1.6.1. Release Notes
TyvaWiki has been featured at Tuva Online!
- TyvaWiki now has a spam blacklist. If you find you cannot edit a page, please notify User:Sborsody with the error message.
To Do List
- Translate user interface to tyva dyl. Set your language preferences to tyva dyl. Edit TyvaWiki:Interface_translation_project page to participate.
- Standardise the names of artists (surname/given name), as some artists have two entries.
Trouble in Translation
The tongue twisters contain several words that are not in the dictionary. It is possible that these are merely words that are not frequent; it is also possible that these words are nonce words, especially created to fit the structure of the tongue twister.
Does anyone know whether the following words really exist:
- sürügle-, from sürüg herd, flock, + verbaliser: ?to walk through the herds, to herd, 'to flock'.
- inekte-, from inek cow, + verbaliser: ?to walk past the cows, 'to cow'.
- maasta-, from maas gadfly, + verbaliser: ?to walk past gadflies, 'to gadfly'.
- todarla- possibly created on the declined form todar s/he will be satiated.
Words and expressions in the lyrics that are unclear or not in the dictionaries, and require explanation (see also the Talk pages):
- kozha bas- ?to brand. (Agitator)
- čïïlganga ?when having gathered, to the gathering. (Agitator)
- egüür ?long ago (possibly a dialect form of egiir). (Ancestors)
- xaya daš rock and stone (perhaps referring to petroglyphs?). (Ancestors)
- čažïŋayïn- (~ šažïŋayïn-) ?to pick, to poke, to jab. (Dadyr-Dadyr)
- xeyil ?that fellow. (Dyngyldai)
- kanča- what to do, how to act [connected with accusative: ?what to do about...]. (Dyngyldai)
- karaŋgay ?darkness, dusk (possibly a loan from Mongolian qaraŋγui ~ qaraŋqui). (Dyngyldai)
- xadïmnat- ?to let blow (in a breeze). (Dyngyldai)
- oorargan ?. (Eerbek Aksyn)
- oŋga ?. (Eerbek Aksyn)
- alïksančïg ?desirable. (Eki Attar)
- kažaa xöree ?fence. (Irik Chuduk)
- xamagalap ?. (Mörgül)
- avïralda- ?to ask for protection, mercy. (Mörgül)