Difference between revisions of "B"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
*'''baalïk''' saddle shaped mountain.
*'''baalïk''' saddle shaped mountain.
*'''baalïŋ''' enamel. [LM ''palang'' ←Ch]
*'''baalïŋ''' enamel. [LM ''palang'' ←Ch]
|Line 288:||Line 288:|
*'''bižiiškin''' a writing, a sign.
*'''bižiiškin''' a writing, a sign.
*'''bižit-''' to let write.
*'''bižit-''' to let write.
Revision as of 00:07, 30 January 2008
- baalïk saddle shaped mountain.
- baalïŋ enamel. [LM palang ←Ch]
- baar liver; baar aarïï liver disease; baar ehdi diaphragm; baarï ažï- to be very upset; baarïnïŋ ödü bolgan dearly loved. [<CT *bagïr]
- baarï frontside; dag baarï the front of a mountain; tayganïŋ baarïnda in the front part of the tayga; meeŋ baarïmda in front of me.
- baarlïg having a liver (as the seat of the emotions); kara-baarlïg hard-hearted; sook-baarlïg cold-hearted; čïlïg baarlïg warm-hearted, kind. [<CT *bagïrlïg]
- baartak counter.
- baartïk apron. (←Rus fartuk ←Pol ←Ger Vortuch)
- baarzïk cf. kara-baarzïk thrush, starling.
- baarzïk pancreas gland. [<CT *bagïrsok]
- baažï(zï) simulation, pretence; cunning, slyness, guile, craft; ruse; hint (to the answer of a riddle). [cf. LM bači]
- bačïda- to hurry, to be in a hurry, to make haste, to rush; to fusss, to bustle; to worry or bother oneself; to become more ill; aarïg kiži bačïdap tur the patient’s condition worsened.
- bačïdaaškïn serious condition, crisis.
- bačïm urgent, pressing; hasty, hurried; bustling, given to fussing; strained, tense, difficult; sultry; confusion, turmoil, bustle; bačïm ažïl urgent work; bačïm čoruk urgent journey; bačïm üye difficult time. [LM bačim]
- bačïmna- to hurry, to be in a hurry, to make haste, to rush; to fuss, to bustle; to worry or bother oneself. [cf. LM bačïmda-]
- bačït sin, evil. [LM barčit ←LT]
- badïla- [bahdïla] to vote; to approve, to confirm, to affirm; to register. [LM batula-]
- badïlaaškïn [bahdïlaaškïn] vote; approval, confirmation; registration.
- badïlal vote; approval, confirmation; (marriage) registration.
- badïlaš- to vote together; to approve or confirm together; to register one’s marriage.
- badïlažïïškïn (marriage) registration, marriage ceremony, wedding.
- badïr- to bring down, to lower; to reduce; to degrade; to float; to perform a song; (of children) to cry; xuuŋnu kudukče badïr- to lower the pail in the well; sug badïr- to drain off water; örtek badïr- to lower the price; kudu badïr- to send down from the mountain into the valley, or downstream; badïrïvït če! come on, sing! [<CT *batur-]
- badïrtïr- to let bring down, lower, reduce, degrade, float, sing.
- badïtka- [bahdïtka-] to confirm. [LM batudqa-]
- badïtkal confirmation, proof.
- bag strap, thong, belt; lasso; tie, leash, tether; bag kur leather strap, leather belt; bagda on the leash, tether. [<CT *ba:g]
- bagana column, pillar, post, pole. [LM baγana]
- bagay [bahgay] bad, ugly; not sufficient, not satisfying; poor; bagay xeme bad boat; bagay ažïl unsatisfactory work; bagay agaar bad weather.
- bagay-sogay [bahgay-sohgay] bad, unimportant.
- bagla- to tie, to bind; snop bagla- to bind sheaves; xoldarïn bagla- to tie one’s hands. [<CT *ba:gla-]
- baglaaš tie, strap; aht baglaažï horse reins.
- baglakčï binder (of sheaves).
- baglan- to tie oneself. [<CT *ba:glan-]
- baglaš- to tie together; to be tied in a knot, (of a knot) to be tightened.
- baglat- to let tie; to be tied. [<CT *ba:glan-]
- bak [bahk] bad, evil; negligent; unfortunate; weak; bak kiži bad person; bak aažï bad habits; bak čaŋna- to treat badly; bakka sug- to defame, to villify.
- bak-sok [bahk-sohk] unimportant, rather bad; bak-sok čüveler goods and chattels, belongings.
- bakïla- [bakkïla-] to throw a glance, to peep in.
- bakka-sokka hardly, barely.
- baksïra- to become worse; to grow weak; to wear out, to be used up; agaar baksïraan the weather turned worse.
- bakta- to scold, to abuse, to criticize, to slander, to discredit, to calumniate.
- baktaa- [bahktaa-] to form, to be part of, to be a member of; komissiyanïŋ sostavïnga baktaap kir- to become member of the committee. [LM baγta-]
- baktaaškïn the act of becoming a part or member of.
- baktaaškïn swearing, bad language, slander, calumny.
- baktat- to be scolded, slandered, discredited.
- bala fault; harm, damage; bo seeŋ balaŋ this is your fault! balazï-bile through someone’s fault.
- bala pestle.
- bala graphite; that which stains (of metals). [LM bala]
- bala- to erase, to blot out, to obliterate; to cross out, to strike out. [LM balala-]
- balaaš eraser, rubber.
- balalïg causing damage, harmful.
- balalïg stained, soiled (of metals).
- balančak small child.
- balar slime, mire, silt. [cf. Khak balïr]
- balar former, ex, old. [LM balar]
- balara- to have aching muscles.
- balaš- to obliterate one another.
- balaš- to soil each other, to make each other dirty.
- balat- to let erase, blot out; to let cross out, to strike out.
- baldï [bahldï] axe. [<CT *balto, LM balta]
- baldïr [bahldïr] calf of the leg; money; baldïrï dïŋzïg rich, prosperous, well-to-do. [<CT *baltïr]
- balïg wound; scab; balïg kiži wounded person. [<CT *ba:lïg]
- balïgla- to injure, to wound; of a wound to occur. [<NE *balïgla-]
- balïglaaškïn wound, injury, wounding.
- balïglat- to be wounded, to get wounded.
- balïglattïr- to be wounded, to get wounded.
- balïïrgan- to feel pain (of a wound), to be sensitive to pain.
- balïk fish; sööktüg balïk ide (carp); balïk tïvïïškïn fishing, the catching of fish; balïk münü fish soup; balïk üzü fish oil; balïk üürgenezi fish roe. [<CT *ba:lïk]
- balïkčï fisherman. [<CT *ba:lïkčï]
- balïkta- to fish, to catch fish.
- balïktïg rich in fish, teeming with fish; balïktïg xöl lake rich in fish. [<CT *ba:lïklïg]
- bar there is, present; ïndïg dürüm bar there is such a regulation; mende ol nom bar I have that book. [<CT *ba:r]
- bar [< baar] going; ahttïg ulus bar čïdïr the horsemen moved away. [< *barar]
- bar- (baar) to go, to go a way, to leave, to part; -(I)p bar- auxiliary verb indicating ‘being in a situation’; -(I)p bar čït- to go to, to go away; men čoruy bardïm I left; aht maŋnap čoruy bargan the horse had run away; közülbeyn bar- to be invisible; kančap bardïŋ? what is the matter with you?; ašakka bar- (of a woman) to marry; bažï-bile bar- to be lacking, missing, lost; baardï s/he went. [<CT *bar-]
- bar-čok scanty, small, trifle.
- bar-čoktug scanty, small, trifle.
- bara fish-trap. [cf. Khak para]
- baraan goods, stuff, ware, merchandise. [LM baraγa(n)]
- baraan outline, contours, silhouette; baraan bol- to serve; čonunga baaraan bol- to serve the people. [LM baraγa(n)]
- baraanna- to go to buy goods.
- baraanna- to watch, to observe.
- baraban drum. [←Rus baraban]
- baraskan poor person, pauper; inhabitant.
- barba bag of goat leather.
- bardam impudent, coarse; arrogant, conceited, presumptious; irascible. [LM bardam]
- bardamna- to be arrogant, conceited; to boast of one’s strength (in games, wrestling). [LM bardamna-]
- barï presence, availability, on hand, cash; akšanïŋ barï cash money; erge-žok čugula baydaldarnïŋ barï the presence of indispensable conditions.
- barïïn western; right-winged (politics). [LM baraγun]
- barïk almost. [LM baruγ]
- barïmdaa base, basis; reason, grounds, cause; proof, argument; evidence, certificate; kandïg-daa barïmdaa čokka without any reason; barïmdaaï čül? on what grounds?; škola dooskanïnïŋ barïmdaazï a certificate of having completed school. [LM barimta]
- barïmdaala- to be based or founded on; to observe, to keep to, to take into account, to stick to; dürümnü barïmdaala- to observe the rules. [LM barimtala-]
- bas- [bahs-] to press; to suppress, to repress; to destroy, to obliterate; to tread, to step; to amble; to pull or press the trigger, to shoot; kattïŋ suun sï bas- to squeeze out the juice of berries; demdek bas- to stamp, to brand; bazar aht ambler; bazar čüve pistol. [<CT *bas-]
- baska hammer.
- baskaktan- [bahskaktan-] to sit cross-legged.
- baskïïš step, footstep; pedal; key; metal or horn badge (for fastening the seat to the saddle frame).
- baskïlaš- to be heaped or piled up, to be loaded with.
- baskïlaštïr- to heap up, to pile, to load with.
- bastïg-: xaram bastïg- to have a nightmare.
- bastïr- to oppress, to lower; to abuse; to be oppressed; to thresh (grain); to step; to amble. [<CT *bastur-]
- baš [bahš] head; top, summit; end, tip; ear (of grain); head (counter for livestock); beginning, origin, source; -NIŋ bažïnda on top of, at the head of; bažïndan from the beginning; sigen bažï ear of grass; dag bažï mountain top; xem bažï the upstream part of a river; baš teyi crown of the head; baš söögü skull; baš šüürü comb; baš muŋgaš dead end, situation with no way out. [<CT *baš]
- baš-tenider puzzle, conundrum.
- baška [bahška] besides, except for; senden baška except for you; boordan baška except for its being. [<CT *baška]
- baškala- to separate, to isolate.
- baškalaaškïn separation, isolation, section division.
- baškalan- to get rid of, to shake off, to throw off.
- baškalančak separate, isolated from.
- baškalandïr- to separate, to isolate.
- baškar- [bahškar-] to manage, to regulate, to put right; to equip, to fit out (for a journey); to steer; kudumču šimčeeškinin baškar- to regulate the trafic; korabldi baškar- to steer the ship. [<CT *baškar-]
- baškarïkčï manager; leader.
- baškart- to let manage, regulate, equip, steer.
- baškï [bahškï] teacher. [<CT *baxšï, cf. LM baγsi ←Ch]
- baškï first; front-, anterior; initial.
- baškïla- to teach, to educate.
- baškïlaaškïn education.
- bašta- to lead, to direct, to govern, to be at the head of, to guide; baštaar organnar authorities; baštaar čer government. [<CT *bašla-]
- baštak [bahštak] witty, humerous, comic; joke, humour; joker, jester. [<CT *baštak]
- baštaktan- to make jokes, to tease.
- baštaktanïš- to tell jokes to one another.
- baštal- to be in the ear, to form ears (of grass).
- baštalga guidance, leadership.
- baštaŋgï [bahštaŋgï] bridal veil.
- baštat- to entrust the leadership.
- baštay for the first time; eŋ-ne baštaygï very first, initial.
- baštïg with a head, headed; with a leader; wise. [<CT *bašlïg]
- baštïŋ [bahštïŋ] leader, head; the leader (in a herd); aymaktïŋ baštïŋï leader of the clan.
- baštïŋčï leader, chief; ažïlčï čonnuŋ baštïŋčïzï leader of the working people; klass baštïŋčï baškïzï class teacher.
- bat- [baht-] to go down, to descend, to plunge, to sink, to flow; kudu bat- to walk downstream. [<CT *bat-]
- bay rich; a rich person; čuduruk bay rich farmer (cf. Rus kulak). [<CT *ba:y]
- bayaatan (~ bayat) rich person.
- baybaŋ garrulous, talkative; talkativeness, garrulity; unduly familiar (behaviour).
- baydal position, status, state, condition, circumstance, situation. [LM bayidal]
- baydaldïg situated, located, being in a position; berge baydaldïg being in a difficult position; eki baydaldïg being in a good position.
- bayï- to be or become rich. [<CT *ba:yu-]
- bayïïrga- to take pride in one’s wealth, to boast. [LM bayarqa-]
- bayïr festivity; greeting, welcome; bayïr čedir- to welcome, to greet, to congratulate. [LM bayar]
- bayïrla- to celebrate; to greet. [LM bayarla-]
- bayïrlal holiday, festivity. [LM bayarlal]
- bayïrlïg festive, ceremonial; greeting, welcoming; goodbye; bayïrlïg xural ceremonial meeting; bayïrlïg telegramma welcoming telegram; bayïrlïg ešter! goodbye, friends! [cf. LM bayartai]
- bayïsaa- (~ baysaa-) to interrogate, to question. [LM baičaγa-]
- bayïsaakčï (~ baysaakčï) investigator. [LM baičaγaγči]
- bayïsaalga (~ baysaalga) interrogation, examination. [LM baičağalğa]
- bayïsaat- to be interrogated.
- bayït- to make rich. [<CT *ba:yut-]
- bayla- to come to an end, to become empty (of a glass).
- baylak rich; richness, wealth; resources, treasures; baylak čurt rich land; boydus baylaktarï natural resources; materialdïg baylaktar material resources; ištiki baylaktarnï mobilizastaarï mobilisation of internal resources; kazïmal baylaktar useful resources.
- baylaŋ fry, young fish.
- baytïk not only. [cf. LM baituγai]
- bayza boundary post.
- baza [bahza] and, still, more, yet, another, already; saazïn baza karandaš paper and pencil; baza bir kiži keldi another person came; meŋee baza nomdan bir ber give me yet another book. [LM basa]
- bazïm [bahzïm] step.
- bazïmča [bahzïmča] insult, abuse. [LM basumji]
- bazïmčala- [bahzïmčala-] to humiliate, to abase, to insult, to offend, to abuse; to mock, to jeer at; to consider weak, feeble; ol meni bazïmčalaaš šïdïraaga utturupkan s/he beat me at chess and considered me weak.
- bazïn- (bastïr) to humiliate, to abase, to insult, to offend, to mock, to jeer at. [<CT *basïn-]
- bazïr- to press. [<CT *basur-]
- bazïtkïïš metal or horn badge (for fastening the seat to the saddle frame).
- baža brother-in-law (wife’s sister’s husband). [<CT *ba:ča]
- bažalaš- to be or become brothers-in-law.
- bažalïškïlar (~ bažaškïlar) brothers-in-law (husbands of sisters).
- bažï-kurlug index finger (in games).
- bažïŋ house, log hut, building; prison, jail; škola bažïŋï school building; bažïŋ adrezi home address; bažïŋ xerekselderi household utensils; bažïŋga kir- to go to prison; bažïŋ kižizi prisoner, inmate. [LM baising]
- bažïŋna- to be in prison, to be locked up in jail.
- bažïŋnan- to own a house, building.
- bažïŋnat- to get locked up in prison.
- be mare. [<CT *be:]
- be question particle.
- bedi- to become high, to rise, to be raised. [<CT *bedü-]
- bedik high, tall; height, mountain; bedik dag high mountain; bedik kiži tall person; bedik ün high voice. [<CT *bedik]
- bedit- to raise, to heighten, to lift; sugnuŋ deŋnelin bedit- to raise the water level. [<CT *bedüt-]
- beer hither, here; since; beer kel come here; nomnarnï beer ekkel bring the books here; ïŋay-beer thither and hither; ol üyden beer since that time; oon beer since then; dagnïŋ beer iyi the slope on this side of the mountain. [<CT *be:rü]
- beg beg (historical title); father-in-law; husband’s elder brother. [<CT *beg]
- bege [behke] Indian ink. [LM beke ←Ch]
- bege [behke] blight, smut (a crop disease).
- begele- (of cereals) to be affected by blight, smut.
- bek [behk] chains, fetters. [<CT *bek]
- bekte- to consolidate, to strengthen, to fasten. [<CT *bekle-]
- bekteg oppression.
- bektel (~ bektelge) fetters; yoke, oppression; captivity; kolonialdïg bektel colonial yoke.
- bekten- to hold on to, to press oneself against, to strengthen. [<CT *beklen-]
- bektet- to let consolidate, strengthen, fasten. [<CT *beklet-]
- bel waist; slope (at the foot of a mountain). [<CT *be:l]
- bel salmon-trout. [<NE *bel]
- bel-keš (~ bel-kežik) lower part of the body.
- belde- to go past the mountain slope.
- belde- to fish for salmon-trout.
- beldir [behldir] confluence, crossroads, junction; knot; xem beldiri confluence of rivers; oruk beldirinde at the crossroads. [<CT *beltir]
- beldirleš- (of rivers or roads) to come together, to join, to form a confluence, junction.
- belek gift, present; belekke ber- to give as a present. [LM beleg]
- belen easy; ready. [LM belen]
- belen-selen that easily; ol belen-selen utpas s/he won’t forget so easily. [LM belen-ĵelen]
- beleŋgiš mountain terrace.
- beletke- to prepare; to acquire, to purchase; bažïŋnï kïška udur beletke- to prepare the house for winter. [LM beledke-]
- beletkel purveyence, procurement; preparation, acquirement; beletkel punktuzu purveying centre, procurement station. [LM beledkel]
- beletken- to prepare oneself.
- beliŋči afraid, scared. [<CT *beliŋči]
- beliŋne- to run up to, to jump; to give a start; to give a shriek. [<CT *beliŋle-]
- beliŋnet- to make afraid, to scare.
- ber- (beer) to give; bo nomnu meŋee ber give me this book; sös ber- to give one’s word; čöpšeerel ber- to give permission; üleger ber- to give an example; -A/-I/-y ber- (inchoative auxiliary); bižiy berdim I started writing; -(I)p ber- (benefactive auxiliary); meŋee adïŋ čugaalap ber tell me your name; beeriniiŋ padeži dative case. [<CT *be:r-]
- berdin- to give oneself up, to surrender; to be given.
- berdingen true, loyal, devoted.
- berdir- to transfer to, to hand down, to forward, to let give; čagaanï akïmdan berdirdim I forwarded the writing through my elder brother. [<CT *be:rdür-]
- berge [behrge] heavy, difficult; hardship, trouble. [LM berke]
- bergede- to be in difficulties, to find difficulty in; to become difficult, hard, complicated. [LM berked-]
- bergedet- to make difficult, hard, complicated.
- berimče blessing, boon; donation.
- berimčelig beneficial, abundant; generous, liberal; berimčelig čay a lavish summer.
- beriš- to touch; to bother; to tease; bo nomnar-bile berišpeŋer don’t you touch these books; ït-bile berišpe don’t tease the dog. [<CT *beriš-]
- bert [behrt] (a place) difficult to pass. [<CT *berk]
- bert- [behrt-] to mutilate, to cripple, to maim. [<CT *bert-]
- berten this morning. [< bo erten]
- bertik mutilation, maiming; dislocation (of a joint); break, fracture (of a limb).
- berttin- to be maimed, injured. [<CT *bertin-]
- berttindir- to maim.
- bes a species of edible bulb (Erythronium). [<NE *bes]
- bes gland; čaraa bezi salivary gland [<CT *be:z]
- bestig-baarzïk pancreas.
- beš five; beški fifth. [<CT *be:š]
- beš-adar rifle.
- beti [behti] this side; front, before; xem betinde at this side of the river; betinge near, on this side of; šuugaar betinde as concerns gossip, with respect to gossip. [Tofa beht]
- bezerek insufficient, inadequate; premature, born prematurely; defective; bezerek kïl- to do inadequately, to leave uncompleted. [LM besereg]
- bezin even, yet; ol bezin kelbeen-dir s/he has not come yet. [Tofa bezin]
- beželee(n) five together, the five of, fivesome.
- bežen fifty; bežengi fiftieth. [<NE *beš + *on]
- bežennig being fifty years of age.
- biče small, little, petty; youngest, junior; biče setkil modesty; biče setkildig modest; biče oglu his/her youngest son; biče leytenant junior lieutenant; biče buržuaziya petty bourgoisie; biče öreelge orun sal put the bed in the small room.
- biče-böövey little finger.
- biče-salaa little finger.
- biče-šöömey little finger.
- bičežek small, insignificant (e.g. of size).
- bičele- to become little or small, to lessen, to decrease, to diminish.
- bičelet- to make little or small, to lessen, to decrease, to reduce; to belittle, to depreciate.
- bičii small, little; a little, a bit, a trifle, slightly; bičii ool small boy; bičii ïnay quite small, insignificant; bičii balïk small fish.
- bii-sarïg a species of songbird.
- biiže whetting stone.
- bil- to know, to get to know; to be aware of, to recognize; to understand; to know to, to know how, to be able to; ïlap bil- to know exactly; utkazïn bil- to know or understand the meaning of it; nomčup bil- to be able to read; bilbes men I don’t know, I don’t know how. [<CT *bil-]
- bilbeečeŋne- to pretend not to know, to feign ignorance.
- bildi knowledge; magical powers.
- bildilig knowledgeable; possessing magical powers.
- bildin- to be evident, visible, noticeable, to appear.
- bildinček well-known, generally known; clear, comprehensible.
- bildingir understandable, comprehensible, clear; söstüŋ utkazï bildingir the meaning of the word is clear.
- bildinmes unknown, unclear, not understood; ooŋ kažan keliri bildinmes it is unknown when s/he will come.
- bildir- to let know, to make known, to inform, to notify, to report. [<CT *bildür-]
- bildirt- to let know, to make known, to inform, to notify, to report.
- bile and, together with; by means of; (adverbaliser: noun + pos3 + bile); olčaanï-bile in the same way, likewise; üzüü-bile chunk-wise; büzürediri-bile convincingly; kiddingly. [<CT *bi:rle]
- bilek wrist. [<CT *bilek]
- bilek as soon as; xün üneri bilek, bis ažïlday bergen we started working as soon as the sun rose.
- bilekte- to take by the wrist.
- bilekteeš bracelet. [Khak pĭlektes]
- bilig knowledge; idea, notion, conception; education; xanï bilig profound knowledge; bilig – küš knowledge is power. [<CT *bilig]
- biliglig educated, learned, erudite. [<CT *biliglig]
- bilikse- to want to know. [<CT *bilikse-]
- bilin- (minnir) to feel, to have the sensation of, to sense, to be aware; to come to one’s senses; to recognise, to admit, to own up to. [<CT *bilin-]
- bilindir- to persuade, to convince; to make aware; to bring to one’s senses; to subdue. [<CT *bilin-]
- bilindirig persuasion.
- bilindiriiškin persuasion.
- bilinmeste- to lose consciousness; to lose sensitivity, to become numb; xolum bilinmestey berdi my hand grew numb.
- biliš- (bilčir) to understand each other. [<CT *biliš-]
- bilzek ring. [<CT *bilezük]
- bir one; once; bir dugaar first; bir katap once; bir kiži someone; bir čüve something; bir čerde someplace, somewhere, at a certain place; bir šagda once, at a certain time; bir xün one day; bir-le some; any; a certain; a bit, a time; bir-le čer someplace; bir-le kör- to look a bit, to throw a glance; bir eves if; birgi first. [<CT *bi:r]
- birde sometimes, at times; birde čahs-daa čaar, birde xar-daa čaap keer at times it rains, at times it snows. [Khak pĭrde]
- birde-birde now ... now, sometimes ... sometimes, at one moment ... at another.
- biree one, single; any; bireezi one of; bireede at first; bireezinden ïrakta far from any of them. [<CT *bi:regü]
- birik- to unite, to come together; to go on well. [<CT *bi:rik-]
- biriktir- to unite, to bring together.
- bis the sharp or point (of a knife, needle); knife; bižek bizi the sharp of a knife; ine bizi the point of a needle. [<CT *bi:z]
- bis [bihs] we; bisti us; bistiŋ our; biske to us; biste at us; bisten from us; bisče towards us; bistive towards us; bistii ours; bistii-bile according to us. [<CT *biz]
- bistig sharp, cutting.
- biyee far, past; the same, the very one; biyee šagda in the past; biyee artist that same artist; biyeede in the past; biyeegi the aforementioned. [<CT *baya]
- biyeek long ago.
- biyir brush (for paint, glue, etc). [LM bir ←Ch]
- bize- to whet, sharpen; karandaš bize- to sharpen a pencil; xiree bize- to sharpen a saw. [Khak pĭze-]
- bizeŋ mountain crest.
- bizet- to let whet, sharpen.
- bizirer- to huddle together, to gather in one place, to concentrate, to flock, to cluster.
- bizirt crowded, dense, congested; much, in bulk, a lot of; xovuda mal bizirt there is much livstock in the steppes.
- bižeeči clerk. [LM bičigeči]
- bižek [bihžek] knife; bižek sïvï the haft of a knife. [<CT *bi:ček]
- bižekte- to cut or stab with a knife.
- bižekten- to cut or stab oneself with a knife.
- biži- [bihži-] to write; čagaa biži- to write a leter; šülük biži- to write poetry. [LM biči-]
- bižigle- to write a letter. [LM bičigle-]
- bižik [bihžik] writing, a piece of writing, letter; tïva bižik Tuvan writing; bižik bilbes oruk illiteracy. [LM bičig]
- bižiktig written, having a writing.
- bižimel (hand)writing, handwritten. [LM bičimel]
- bižiš- to write to each other, to correspond.
- bižiirge- to feel shy, to be confused, embarrassed, timid.
- bižiirget- to confuse, to embarrass.
- bižiiškin a writing, a sign.
- bižit- to let write.
- bïdaa groats; soup (from groats); porridge; ak bïdaa rice; milk soup; milk porridge. [LM budaγa(n)]
- bïdaala- to eat soup; to add to the soup (as an ingredient). [LM budaγala-]
- bïdara- [bïhdara-] to disperse, to dissipate, to get scattered; čük bïdara- to get scattered in all directions (e.g. of livestock). [LM butara-]
- bïdarat- to disperse, to dissipate, to scatter.
- bïdargay [bïhdargay] dispersed, scattered, dissipated, sparse. [LM butarqai]
- bïdï- to be or become lice-ridden.
- bïgïn [bïhgïn] side, edge (lower part); flank, groin; bïktï ts side. [<CT *bïkïn]
- bïgïnna- [bïhgïnna-] to snap to the side (with the teeth) (e.g. of a horse when tightening the saddle girth); to find fault with, to pick on, to nag at.
- bïktïš narrow, tight, crowded, cramped, packed.
- bïktïža- to be narrow, tight, crowded, cramped, packed.
- bïlaa- to take away by force. [LM buliya-]
- bïlaaš argument, dispute, lawsuit.
- bïlaaš- to try to capture, to take away from each other by force; murnun bïlaaš- to try to outstrip one another.
- bïlaaštïg arguable, disputable; bïlaaštïg xerek disputable matter.
- bïlaat kerchief. [←Rus plat]
- bïlaat- to let take away by force.
- bïlaattïr- to let take away by force.
- bïlča- [bïhlča-] to smear, to soil, to stain, to dirty. [LM bilča-]
- bïlčak [bïhlčak] dirty, soiled, stained; blot, smudge; daub. [<CT *balčïk]
- bïlčakta- to smear, to soil, to stain, to dirty; to write illegibly.
- bïlčaktaš- to smear, soil, stain, dirty one another.
- bïlčaš- to smear, soil, stain, dirty one another.
- bïlčat- to let smear, soil, stain, dirty.
- bïlda [bïhlda] fuse (for igniting an explosive). [LM bilta]
- bïlda- to evade, to avoid, to shun, to shirk, to dodge; to cover one’s tracks; (of a bullet) to miss, to be beside the mark; (of a horse) to shy. [LM bulta-]
- bïldaačal evasive (in answering), dodgy.
- bïldaaškïn evasion; bïldaaškïn čokka xarïïla- to answer without evasion.
- bïldala- to ignite with a fuse.
- bïldalïg having a fuse; bïldalïg boo gun having a fuse.
- bïldamïk evasive, dodgy.
- bïldamïkta- to evade, to avoid, to shun, to shirk, to dodge.
- bïldamïš evasive, dodgy.
- bïldat- to let evade, avoid.
- bïlga- to wave; to stir, to agitate; to outwit; xol bïlga- to wave the hand. [<CT *bulga-]
- bïlga- to smear, to daub; to rinse, to wash by moving something to and fro through the water. [LM bulqa-]
- bïlgaaš mixer, stirring rod (for stirring grain when roasting it).
- bïlgamïk inclined to muddling up.
- bïlgamïkta- to delude, to mislead, to muddling up; to evade, to avoid, to shun, to shirk, to dodge.
- bïlgaš- to help wave, stir, agitate.
- bïlgat- to let wave, stir, agitate.
- bïlgï snorting (of a horse).
- bïlgïr- [bïhlgïr-] to snort (of horses).
- bïlgïrt- to let snort.
- bïra lever (for lifting heavy objects), support; bïra ïyažï supporting beam.
- bïra species of grey steppe partridge.
- bïra the first ice at the banks on a river, sludge ice.
- bïraat Buryat. [LM buriyad]
- bïrala- to lever something up.
- bïralaš- to help lever something up.
- bïralat- to let lever something up.
- bïragda- to become covered with ice, to freeze over, (of a river) to freeze at the banks.
- bïraš- to match, to be equal, to not be inferior (in power, skill); to cope with, to manage, to handle.
- bïrdaan Berdan rifle. [←Rus berdanka]
- bïrïstaa verst. [←Rus versta]
- bïrïš- (of clothes) to wrinkle, to cockle up.
- bïrïškak wrinkle, crease; in wrinkles, creased; warped.
- bïrïštïr- to wrinkle (the face), to make a wry face; to crease (material, paper).
- bïrïžaŋna- to twitch, to grimace, to make faces.
- bïrïžaŋnat- to let twitch, grimace, make faces.
- bïrlagar covered with a surge (of waves); wavy.
- bïrlaŋ ripple(s), surge (of waves).
- bïrlaŋayïn- to ripple, to be covered by a surge (of waves); xöl bïrlaŋaynïp čïtkan the lake was covered by surges of waves.
- bïrlaŋna- to ripple, to be covered by a surge (of waves).
- bïrlaŋnaaš ripple(s), surge (of waves).
- bïrlaŋnat- to cause to ripple, to cause to be covered by a surge (of waves); xat sugnu *bïrlaŋnadïp tur the wind caused the water to ripple.
- bïrtak [bïhrtak] mucus, slime; weed.
- bïrtaktal- to be overgrown by weed.
- bïrtaktïg mucous, slimy.
- bïržï [bïhržï] scratch, trace of a wound.
- bïskan [bïhskan] powder snow, soft snow; bïskan xar newly fallen snow.
- bïskanna- of powder snow to fall, of snow to freshly fall; oruktu xar bïskannapkan snow has freshly fallen on the road.
- bïskannïg covered with powder snow.
- bïstan piston, percussion cap. [←Rus piston]
- bïstannïg having a piston, percussion cap.
- bïš- [bïhš-] to cut, to cut out; xep bïžarï the act of cutting out. [<CT *bïč-]
- bïš- to churn (butter), to mix, to whisk, to whip (e.g. sour milk during the preparation of kumys). [< CT *bïš-]
- bïš- [bïhš-] to become ripe, mature, to ripen, to mature (of berries, cereals); to boil, to cook (of water or food). [<CT *bïš-]
- bïškak [bïhškak] animal skin with the paws. [Khak pïsxax]
- bïškï spaddle for skimming the milk; spaddle for cutting the hardened cheese in squares or rounds, churn staff; piston. [<CT *bïšku]
- bïškïïš spaddle for cutting the hardened cheese in squares or rounds, churn staff.
- bïškïr- to sneeze. [Khak pïsxïr-]
- bïškïrïš- to sneeze several times.
- bïštak cheese (from sheep’s milk).
- bïštakta- to make cheese (from sheep’s milk).
- bïštaktal- (of milk) to turn to cheese.
- bïštïr- [bïhš-] to let cut, to let cut out. [<CT *bïčtur-]
- bït [bïht] louse. [<CT *bït]
- bïtta- to remove the lice; to do with great care, to do thoroughly.
- bïttïg infested with lice.
- bïyirgïn light rash on the skin; scattered (of a rash, freckles); small, fine; bïyïrgïn činčiler small beads.
- bïyirgïnna- to be covered with a rash.
- bïza- [bïhza-] to strew with, to powder with.
- bïzaa one-year-old calf; mïygak bïzaazï fawn of the maral deer; sarlïk bïzaa yak calf; bïzaa ažaakčïzï, bïzaa kažaazï calf-shed. [<CT *buzagu]
- bïzaala- to calve; to drive up the calves. [<CT *buzagula-]
- bïzaalaaškïn calving.
- bïzaalïg having a calf; bïzaalïg inek cow having a calf.
- bïzaančï [bïhzaančï] Tuvan spike fiddle.
- bïzaančïla- to play the spike fiddle.
- bïzam a pinch of (usually said of products like flour and groats for seasoning broth).
- bïzaŋ carpenter; joiner. [LM muĵan ←Ch]
- bïzaŋčï carpenter; joiner.
- bïzaŋčïla- to work as a carpenter, joiner.
- bïzaŋna- to work as a carpenter, joiner.
- bïžar [bïhžar] measles.
- bïžar-dumaa [bïhžar-dumaa] smallpox.
- bïžï- [bïhžï-] to become strong, firm, to consolidate.
- bïžïg strong, stiff, hard, firm, solid; bïžïg ïyaš hard wood; bïžïg pös strong fabric; bïžïg taybïŋ stable peace; bïžïg biligler sound knowledge; bïžïg soruk strong will; bïžïg soruktug strong willed. [<CT *bïšïg]
- bïžïgla- to strengthen, to consolidate, to secure, to fasten, to fix.
- bïžïglaaškïn strengthening, consolidation; šöl bïžïglaaškïn consolidation of the terrain.
- bïžïglakčï fixing agent, fixer.
- bïžïglal strengthening, consolidation, securing, fastening, fixing.
- bïžïglan- to firmly hold oneself on to.
- bïžïglanïïškïn strengthening, consolidation.
- bïžïglaš- to help strengthen, consolidate, secure, fasten, to strengthen together.
- bïžïk- [bïhžïk-] to become strong, firm, to consolidate; Sovyet Evileliniŋ bügü-delegey baydalï ulam-na bïžïga bergen the international position of the Sovet Union has become stronger.
- bïžïkčï tailor’s cutter.
- bïžïkčïla- to cut with a tailor’s cutter.
- bïžïktïr- to strengthen, to consolidate; küš-ažïlčïdïŋ sagïlga-čurumnu bïžïktïr- to strengthen the working discipline.
- bïžïlgak [bïhžïlgak] nappy rash.
- bïžïlgan [bïhžïlgan] nappy rash. [<CT *bïčïlgan]
- bïžïlganna- (of babies) to suffer from nappy rash.
- bïžïn- (bïštïr) (of babies) to suffer from nappy rash. [cf. CT *bïčïl-]
- bïžïndï a piece cut off.
- bïžïr- to bake, to broil, to roast; to work thoroughly through the end; xuužuur bïžïr- to bake pancakes; xleb bïžïr- to bake bread; eht bïžïr- to roast meat; iletkeldi bïžïrïp al- to work thoroughly through the lecture. [<CT *bïšur-]
- bïžïrïmčalïg [bïhžïrïmčalïg] detailed, thorough; šuptuzun bïžïrïmčalïg boda- to think everything over in detail.
- bïžïrïmčïlïg detailed, thorough.
- bïžïrïš- to help bake, broil, roast.
- bïžïrt- to let cook, bake, broil, roast. [<CT *bïšurt-]
- bïžït- to make stronger, to strengthen, to consolidate; Sovyet Evileliniŋ küčüzün bïžït- to consolidate the power of the Sovet Union.